Thursday, September 22, 2016

I lived in San Diego County from late 1969 to 1976

I remember being happy a lot of the time here. In it's own way it is the closest place to being like Hawaii (other than actually living in Hawaii I have ever lived in California because it the furthest south. I also lived in San Diego county from Summer 1977 until 1979 also.

In 1969 I was 21 and after I realized Venice, California was way to much like Haight Ashbury in San Francisco I left there after about 3 months and moved to San Diego because my parents had moved there from Glendale where I had gone to public school from 1956 until 1965. Then I went to a private school in Santa Fe, New Mexico for my last year of high school.What a relief that was not to have to deal with the full time stress of a public school and all that went with that then.However,I was already in 1965 when my senior year began in High school at least 6 foot 3 1/2 inches tall and started going out with girls at 15 and by 16 years of age was going out with a 21 year old and I got my own car one month after turned 16 which was a 1956 Ford STationwagon that I called my surfwagon then in Glendale which I kept until I graduated High school and started College. Then I bought a 1965 VW Bug. I traded that in in 1968 on a brand new 1968 CAmaro because I was working in the computer field then at 20 on IBM 360s and Univacs and other mainframes with periphery punch card equipment then.

Eventually I went back to college and bought a VW Bug a 1966 for mileage and my family kept the Camaro because they liked it too and I went back to college and wanted then to become a Psychologist.I studied at this for 2 years solid but then moved in with my girlfriend and she got pregnant so we got pregnant so I realized I was going to have to stop college for awhile and support my wife and child which I did instead of becoming a psychologist.

In late fall 1969 I moved to Poway with my parents as my father had moved to San Diego to more easily work for the Electrical Union there. By 1980 he was making 30 dollars an hour plus benefits working on the Encina power plant in Carlsbad building that then. He retired in 1980 and moved to Yucca VAlley to a home he and I and Mom and other friends had built on weekends mostly by ourselves since 1968 there on 2 1/2 acres of land.He lived until 1985 there with my mother when he passed away.

However, visiting San Diego County now I realized how much I miss those days in the 1970s when I lived here and was landscaping Contractor especially from 1978 through 1979 when I moved with my son to Mt. Shasta and remarried in 1980 to a lady with 2 kids so we raised them together and bought 2 1/2 acres in the wilderness there at 4000 feet with a spring on the land and home schooled our kids using:
  1. Including results for

    oak meadow school
    Search only for Oad meadow school

Oak Meadow

oakmeadow.com
Oak Meadow’s progressive, experiential homeschooling curriculum for kindergarten to grade 8 and high school is flexible, affordable, nature-based. Use the
  • Grades K-8 Grades K-8; High School; ... The Early Years: Grades...
  • High School Learn more about Oak Meadow High School. View high...
  • Curriculum Samples Our curriculum samples are downloadable and include a...
  • Where to Start Where to Start Thank you for choosing Oak Meadow!...
  • Tuition and Payment Tuition and Payment. Tuition fees for enrolled students...
  • Catalogs As Oak Meadow works toward a more gentle use of the...

    As our independent study home school program for our kids for 5 years(1980 to 1985). This was an amazing experience living so remotely with sometimes 7 feet of snow falling on our A-Frame which shed the snow whether we were there or not so it never collapsed our roof which was really great.

No comments: