Friday, May 10, 2013

The Memorial

I arrived in Shasta and drove up to my friend's house because though I had his home phone number I didn't have his cell number. So, when I drove south from Ashland I called the home phone and there was no answer. So I was sort of upset with myself that I hadn't transferred over more numbers from my last cell phone as I have had 3 the past year (one at a time). So, I got kind of lazy this last time because of already losing two phone (one went in the wash then I used my son's old phone for awhile and then got a free smartphone from my cell phone carrier. So this last time I thought I'll only transfer over a few phone numbers and gradually add more.

So, as I drove to his house he was packing up because his brother had passed away. I realized God had sort of sent me there in perfect timing as I had already been to his Dad's Memorial when he was about 18 or 19, his Mom's Memorial a few years ago and now we were going to his older brother's memorial in Ashland. I got to see his two nephews that I hadn't seen in about 20 years and meet a whole bunch of other people I hadn't met before and to be supportive to my good friend now of almost 50 years now or more through losing his older brother.

I was sort of amazed because I had sensed recently that either his brother was dying or gone already. As I drove over the Mt. Ashland Pass his brother started talking to me from the other side. But he became much happier on the other side when everyone celebrated his life and told funny stories that they had all experienced of his life. So, I could see he felt much happier that everyone was talking about all the good things he had done in his life as everyone there wished him well in his next journeys there on the other side.

No comments: