Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The AP Scandal

I had recorded CNN TV Wolf Blitzer's show on my TIVO yesterday but hadn't watched it yet. So, as I sat down to eat lunch today I realized what the AP Scandal was all about. It seems the U.S. had a Mole in Al Qaeda in Yemen according to Eric Holder the Attorney General. This fact was released through AP services so Holder had to recuse himself and hand off the bugging or email tapping or whatever to I believe the FBI to try to find out who was jeapordizing U.S. government lives and information sources. This sort of thing the government always has taken very seriously and people are often prosecuted and spend life in prison or are executed for releasing this kind of information. That was why the Valerie Plame situation during the Bush Adminstration was serious when Cheney released her name through his Aide who went to prison for it.

So, this sort of thing the government takes very seriously. However, when I wrote the previous article "Yemen Confuses me" I didn't know yet about the Yemen connection to this event. However, as an intuitive likely the reason I wrote about this was because the Yemen situation still is very confusing. However, the fact that we would have a mole in Al Qaeda in Yemen makes perfect sense to me as an American Citizen.

No comments: