Thursday, May 9, 2013

Symptoms of being Allergic to Gluten

These are symptoms I have experienced myself or seen in my daughter. But, from what I have been told any one of these or combination of these symptoms could indicate a Gluten Allergy.

1. Can't lose weight (I'm told the reason for this is your allergic reaction and your body just trying to survive it)
2. If you have had Giardia at any time (50% of giardia cases have no symptoms) which most people get in foreign countries like Mexico, Central America, South America (from drinking water with protazoas in it) or from Asia, Africa or other places where it is in the air because there aren't many sewage systems. So, you can get it from just breathing the air some places when there is dust with protozoa cysts blowing in it. The giardia (adult size after entering your body like the sugar made by Gluten the very best so they attack your intestines so they have more trouble processing gluten so the protazoa get more gluten sugars to eat.
3. If you are hypothyroid this is SOMETIMES caused by your immune system attacking your thyroid glands because of your gluten allergy. I don't know why this happens but this is what I was told by medical professionals.

So, if you have any one or more of these symptoms try eating gluten free a few days to see if you feel any better.

For example, recently my daughter and I went to a restaurant where they serve gluten free pasta. But when they brought the spaghetti it was brown like whole wheat spaghetti instead of pale like spaghetti made from rice flour is. So, we ate it trusting the waitress. First my daughter said she thought she was going to throw up because she hasn't eaten any gluten at all in 3 years now. Then later that day my right knee sort of stopped working right and all my joints hurt. I thought more about it and realized that they had given us Whole Wheat Spaghetti instead of Gluten Free Spaghetti. So, if you are allergic to gluten you likely will know right away (within 1 week) if you need to cut gluten out of your life. I knew in 24 hours. I went from feeling like I had a 10% chance of dying in the next 6 months to feeling good enough to drive my truck to Portland from the San Francisco area. That is a real change. So, finding out I was allergic to gluten has given me my life back and probably added about 20 years to my life.

Since almost 50% of the human race presently is allergic to gluten (to a greater or lesser degree) (40%) you have almost a 1 in 2 chance of being allergic to gluten. So, why not be healthy and stop suffering.

People sometimes ask, "Don't you miss all the gluten food?" My response would be: "I'd rather feel good all the time and feel 20 years younger rather than feeling like I might die in the next 6 months." That would be my best reaction to this question.

Note: Gluten is in Wheat seeds, Barley seeds and Oak seeds. But strangely enough not in Wheat Grass juice because there are no seeds used in making Wheat Grass juice only the blades of wheat grass. (I had to look this up online to figure this out).

No comments: