Sunday, May 5, 2013

Soldiers

Maybe it's just me but it seems to me that soldiers have never been treated very well by this country when they come home from wars. I have only witnessed what has happened since the Viet Nam War began. I was talking to my daughter's boyfriend who is in his twenties about how soldiers  in Iraq and Afghanistan often put tourniquets on their legs loose when they go into battle in case one of their limbs is blown off. For him as a civilian this was sort of impossible for him to imagine someone doing this. But, war makes people do strange things to survive and after everything I have heard in talking to Veterans of World War II, the Korean War, the Viet Nam War, Desert Storm, Grenada, Somalia, The Balkan wars, Iraq and Afghanistan and every where else, I'm not really surprised by anything I hear anymore. But, I think that soldiers coming home are not treated even 1/2 as well as they should be for all they do for our country and always have.

No comments: