Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Health

I have been finding that as you age you have to be ever more vigilant about exercise and diet and what you choose to do with your time to keep on an even keel and to keep going. Yesterday, my daughter, her boyfriend and I listened to John Douglas who is a spiritual healer from Australia. Because I also am a different kind of intuitive healer I understood when I met this man in Portland a few months ago for a healing and then later after we returned home to Northern California and we saw him again in the San Francisco area and brought my son and my wife's best friend from childhood who is dealing with: 

Fibromyalgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia (FM or FMS) is characterised by chronic widespread pain and allodynia (a heightened and painful response to pressure). Its exact cause is ...
I found meeting him very helpful to my ongoing health in regard to my heart and general health. I also found it useful to visit my MD earlier in the year for a pain in my throat. He sent me to another doctor to do a Carotid Artery and Heart Sonogram. The heart sonogram was useful because my doctor put me on lisinopril to make my heart work better. I had taken this before in 1998 and 1999 when I had a heart virus so I wouldn't die from it then.
So, I'm finding that being proactive in keeping your health going is much more necessary after about 40 or 50. Before then I almost never went to doctors at all and didn't even have health insurance most of the time from ages 18 to 45 because my health was pretty good, I exercised and was always eating fairly healthy and living in places with clear air and water and engaging in healthy living.
But, once again, over 40 or 50 unless someone is very proactive things can easily go sideways into situations that can become very expensive health wise. So, being proactive about your health in regard to diet, exercise and regular checkups with someone you trust is a way to live a long and productive life that is actually worth living. 

No comments: