Saturday, May 11, 2013

Gluten Allergy and Sleep

One thing I have now found in my own personal experience is that once you are able to define yourself as Allergic to Gluten and give up all gluten in your diet you tend to need less sleep. Before I found out I was allergic to gluten I needed 8 or 9 hours of sleep just to feel normal and to function right. But now, I'm fine with 7 hours sleep instead and I feel just fine. So, it is possible if you are allergic to gluten and stop eating it you might find the same thing in your life. Also, if I get less sleep than 7 hours for a day or two I don't need to make it up like I used to. So, for me at least this is a whole new life with many new possibilities. I literally feel now like I did when I was about 30 to 35 even though I'm now 65. That is how big a change giving up gluten is for me. Finding out that my gluten allergy was the single source of all my worst health issues has been a revelation for me.

No comments: