Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Getting used to the Nice people in Portland

The other day I decided to drive north on Interstate 5 just to get out of the hustling bustling city where my daughter and her boyfriend live in Oregon. Though I was born in the state of Washington, when I stopped to get some gas I was sort of shocked at the difference of people where I was than the ones I had experienced for a few days in Portland. Maybe it is that Portland is a College town. Often college towns have people there that are attracted more to hopefulness. And being better educated and worldly people often are less sort of crazy and mean like the rest of the world tends to be. So, I was sort of glad to get back into Portland after that where people were more polite and nice and less cutthroat in their attitudes. I can see why it is easy to get used to the more Portlandia attitudes of Portland, Oregon where people are still polite and there is still hope for the world and our future.

No comments: