Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Compassion

I was washing my Motor home because the winter along the Northern California Coast always puts a lot of detritus like dust, mold, etc. on my motorhome during the winters when it isn't used much except for me starting it up, (this winter replacing a battery) and soon I likely will have to replace the windshield because of a crack in it that seems to be growing.

However, today I was just using a hose with a powerful nozzle and a windshield scratchy and

 


Squeegee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeegee
A squeegee, squilgee or sometimes squimjim, is a tool with a flat, smooth rubber blade, used to remove or control the flow of liquid on a flat surface. It is used for ...
So after I was squeegeeing off the back of the motorhome I spied a large spider trying to live in a crack between my rear door to my motorhome and the body of the motorhome. At first my reaction was to sweep or wash the spider away from the motorhome until I realized that there was no way for the spider to actually go inside the motorhome. Then I realized I could actually leave it there without causing harm to my motorhome or the spider. Since this likely was a spider that when younger I had already ushered out of my house like I do all spiders (except young daddy long legs) which because they are the most poisonous spiders on earth tend to kill all the other spiders in a house. But even then if they are bigger than an inch or two I usher them outside too because they scare my wife and daughter. Daddy long legs spiders cannot penetrate human skin with their jaws or mandibles or else humans likely would have gone extinct a long time ago because of just how poisonous they are. So only spiders and other things are vulnerable to them. 

But, today the large spider living in the crack between my rear door and body of the motorhome was allowed to stay there. And I realized how to it I likely was a God of some sort that had let it live. Sometimes little acts of compassion make a difference in all kinds of beings lives around us in unbelievable ways. And I have always found the resulting good karma allows me to live quite well here on earth.

So, while everyone else seems to be harming life in one way or another you and I can live with ourselves knowing that we did everything possible to help keep life alive in as compassionate and as wise and right mindful a way as possible. And that is why our lives are very good as a direct result of these ongoing actions.

No comments: