Sunday, May 19, 2013

Back to the Future 4?

I was watching a movie series I have always liked. It came out in three movies made between 1985 likely up to 1990 or so. Also, just now as I went to check on the dates I found out that there is going to be a Back to the Future 4:

Back to the Future 4 Official Trailer HD 720p - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZbylq1Dduw
May 31, 2011 - Uploaded by Back2theFuture4
Michael J. Fox recently shot the teaser trailer for Back to the Future 4 coming soon.

However, then I found this:

Zemeckis: No Back To The Future 4





Michael J Fox starred in Back To The Future
Robert Zemeckis has denied that there will be a fourth Back To The Future film.
Despite the long-running rumours surrounding another instalment of the time-travelling franchise, which starred Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd, the Oscar-winning director and writer said there are no plans for a fourth movie.
"There is no truth whatsoever," he said about the stories.
The Flight filmmaker previously told Empire: "There's no Back To The Future IV and there shouldn't be a Back To The Future IV. I don't think there should ever be a fourth sequel to anything. Three is a dramatic number. It's a three-act structure... Four is boring."
Robert directed and co-wrote the three films with Bob Gale, who has also debunked the rumours.
"Michael J Fox is not in the best of shape with his Parkinson's. The idea of making another Back To The Future movie without Michael J Fox... you know, that's like saying, 'I'm going to cook you a steak dinner and I'm going to hold the beef.' You can't do that," he said in 2008.
He added: "I'm sure Universal would love it if we were to say to them, 'Hey, let's do another one!' but we don't think we could ever make a fourth one that would live up to how great the first three are, so we're going to leave well enough alone."
end quote from:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/zemeckis-no-back-to-the-future-4-29043220.html 
 
I can remember the first "Back to the Future" movie in 1985. I had just given the Memorial for my Dad in a church as he had just passed away because my mother started crying so I had to take over for her and finish the Memorial. Mom and Dad had done hundreds of Memorials as ministers in Charge of a church in Los Angeles but this one for my father was just too much for her. 

So, to cheer everyone up I got us to go to "Back to the future" (the first one) in her large Ford LTD". But then after the movie her LTD died and wouldn't drive. We were then in Palm Springs and her house was in Yucca Valley at least 30 miles away. So, my wife and son got a ride with Marines from 29 Palms Marine Base and they drove them to get my 1974 Scout II International Harvester 4WD and drove it back down to pick us up. The next day since Mom's car died along with Dad we bought a new Honda Civic car that was very sporty for her in Palm Springs. So, since we turned to the original movie for solace from my father's passing it became an important series of movies for the whole family. 

The marines seemed fitting because Dad had been in the U.S. Marine Core Reserves as a gunner in a Hellcat Biplane from 1934 until 1937 along with his older brother Bob.The two of them were in the same squadron and so flew together on Maneuvers. Bob passed away a couple of years after Dad.

No comments: