Sunday, May 5, 2013

18 holes of Frisbee Golf at Pier Park in Portland

My daughter's boyfriend likes to play Frisbee Golf and discovered the 18 hole course at a park in Portland. So, I went through about 12 of the holes with them until I had had enough Frisbee golf and so had my hips and arms and hands for the day. It is very fun though. I had never been before on an actual course anywhere that was set up like this for Frisbee golf. Also, you can get gym credit at the local community college for playing it there at the park. I had known that when he visited us in Northern California that he sometimes played Frisbee Golf on courses there. But, I don't think there is anything around where I live as fancy as the one we saw and played on at this park today. My daughter brought a picnic lunch and so about 10 holes through we stopped and had lunch which was kind of fun too among all the trees. There were Redwoods, Cedars and many other large trees all over there throughout the course which gave us a nice shade most of the time through the course because it got up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit today in Portland. So, that was a surprise too. They said I brought the sunny California weather with me. So, everyone was out getting suntanned or sunburned wherever you looked.

No comments: